Top Tip in Declutter Challenge 2
“Make a plan that is personal to you. There’s never a one-size-fits-all cookie cutter to this approach and it’s based on many factors including how big your home is, what is your motivation, your health, people around you, all those sort of things. Also, the number of things that you have to redistribute so it all takes time time. Some properties can get done faster than others. What I need you to do is set an end date. You may plan to be packed up and done by your 65th birthday. So set an end date, what works for you and your loved ones too. But really, most importantly… for you.”
With over a decade of experience as a Property Makeover and Change Specialist, Belinda has spent many years helping transform homes and lives. You will find all aspects of Downsizing and Decluttering covered by Belinda in this podcast, “Declutter Challenge 2 : Set Aside Time and Ask for Support” including Q&A asked by seniors in a friendly, relaxed environment, your home!
Watch the Declutter Challenge 2 Workshop
What you will learn in Declutter Challenge 2
- Homework Recap & Moving Forward
- Read the book
- Sketch your desired plan
- List your identified key items to keep
- Your Timeframe
- If you do not have a particular timeframe, I would like to suggest you give yourself a maximum of 3 months, so this task does not drag on and on and you feel a sense of achievement as you move through the process. In saying that, do not put too much pressure on yourself, you have a lot of unwinding to do!
- Breaking Down the Tasks
- Decluttering is like a muscle, the more you do the easier it gets – just like when you do a jigsaw puzzle, so list your tasks and then we will go about sorting the order in which they should be done.
- Your Support Team & Sticking to the Plan
- It is time to connect. There are multiple members of a support team. Make plans to select yours.
- Top Tips from this Workshop/Podcast and further Questions
- Create your plan so you can move forward with direction and a clear path ahead
- Your timeframe will give you a reason to commit to a schedule.
- Decluttering is like a muscle, the more you do the easier it gets
- If you draw on people to help, you will less likely feel stuck.
- Declutter challenge homework: 1. Set an end date, 2. sketch your desired calendar and 3. list your identified key support team
Belinda Woolrych, author of Rightsize Your Home – The Empty Nester’s Guide to a Stress-Free Downsize – contributes every fortnight Friday at 10am to the community by her Rightsize Your Home Online Workshop. If you are a community-based seniors group and would like to book Belinda, you can enquire here.
Belinda Woolrych makes no representation and gives no warranty as to the accuracy of the preceding information and does not accept any responsibility for any errors or inaccuracies in, or omissions from, the information contained herein (whether negligent or otherwise) and shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever arising as a result of any person acting or refraining from acting in reliance on any information contained herein. No listener/workshop attendee shall rely solely on the information contained in this document as it does not purport to be comprehensive or to render specific advice.
This disclaimer does not purport to exclude any warranties implied by law which may not be lawfully excluded. This workshop (which includes any workbook) is only for the use of the intended recipient/s and is confidential and/or privileged. Belinda Woolrych shall not be liable for any errors, omissions, viruses, loss and/or damage arising from using, opening or transmitting this workshop.